What is GT’s Alive?
GT’s ALIVE is a sparkling drink crafted with the best of Mother Nature. Inspired by Ayurvedic tradition, this tea-forward offering features an infusion from a trio of adaptogenic mushrooms (reishi, chaga, and turkey tail) paired with select varieties of invigorating loose leaf tea to promote #LifeInBalance.
What is the difference between GT’s ALIVE and GT’s KOMBUCHA?
GT’s ALIVE and GT’s KOMBUCHA are both tea elixirs crafted with the best ingredients from Mother Nature.
– GT’s ALIVE is an earthy, sparkling tea infused with a trio of adaptogenic mushrooms to help the body handle oxidative stress and maintain homeostasis.
– GT’s KOMBUCHA is a fermented tea with naturally occurring effervescence, a signature tangy bite, and billions of living probiotics to support gut health.
What are the benefits of ALIVE?
Inspired by Ayurvedic tradition, ALIVE is crafted with the belief that food can be a form of medicine. With the intention of combating the effects of oxidative stress, ALIVE helps encourage a balanced pH and provides a gentle boost of energy using these ingredients from Mother Nature:
– Plant adaptogens (a trio of adaptogenic mushrooms)
– Loose leaf tea
– Raw apple cider vinegar
– Living probiotics
– Dark amber maple
– Roots, herbs, and spices
How is GT’s ALIVE made?
- We begin by slow brewing a trio of adaptogenic mushrooms in water for eight to nine hours, yielding a dark base liquid.
- After the liquid has cooled, we combine it with a select variety of premium loose leaf tea.
- Once the adaptogenic base and brewed tea are combined, we add raw apple cider vinegar and a touch of dark amber maple.
- Depending on the offering of ALIVE, we then add premium roots, herbs, and spices for flavor and additional nutritional value.
- Before bottling, ALIVE is lightly carbonated to enhance the drinking experience.
What are adaptogens?
Adaptogens are a unique group of plants known to help normalize the body. As their name infers, they adapt to what the body needs. By improving the health of the adrenal system, adaptogens can help regulate the body’s response to oxidative stress, resulting in increased energy and elevated mood. Some commonly known examples of adaptogensinclude ashwagandha, chaga, and lion’s mane.
Which adaptogenic mushrooms are used to make ALIVE and why were they chosen?
- Reishi (pronounced “RYE-shee”) has been called the “mushroom of immortality.”
- Chaga (pronounced “shah-GAH”) is an anti-inflammatory and natural source of antioxidants.
- Turkey Tail is studied for its immune-boosting properties.
What does GT’s ALIVE taste like?
ALIVE is a sparkling drink with delicious, earthy, tea-forward flavor.
Why is ALIVE fizzy?
The sparkle (aka fizz) in ALIVE helps creates an enjoyable texture and drinking experience.
Why do some bottles have “sediment” at the bottom?
The sediment is a good thing! We do NOT process or homogenize ALIVE, therefore we do not use emulsifiers to make all of the ingredients inside the bottle “stick together.” Before opening, we suggest giving the bottle a gentle roll to help disperse the sediment throughout.
Can anyone consume ALIVE?
Everyone can enjoy ALIVE! We do, however, recommend monitoring your intake if you have a sensitivity to caffeine.
How much GT’s ALIVE should I consume if I’m new to it?
The typical serving size for ALIVE is one 16 oz bottle. For kids, we recommend consuming a smaller amount, due to the caffeine content.
Can I consume ALIVE if I’m pregnant or breast feeding?
We have heard from many mothers who continue to drink ALIVE during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. However, if you are unsure of introducing something new to your system or having caffeine during this time, we recommend consulting with your healthcare professional due to the delicate nature of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
When is the best time to consume GT’s ALIVE?
There is no wrong or right time to drink ALIVE, but many people have shared that they enjoy drinking ALIVE in the morning or early afternoon due to its gentle touch of natural caffeine.
How much caffeine is in ALIVE?
Depending on the flavor, ALIVE contains between 15-75mg of natural caffeine per 16 oz bottle. By comparison, an 8-10 oz cup of coffee contains 100mg of caffeine. Learn more about each flavor of ALIVE here.
– Cascara Spice, 15 mg of natural caffeine
– Black Lemon, 25 mg of natural caffeine
– Maté Mint, 30 mg of natural caffeine
– Guayusa Turmeric, 55 mg of natural caffeine
– Pu-erh Root, 60 mg of natural caffeine
– Matcha Vanilla, 75 mg of natural caffeine
How much alcohol does ALIVE have?
ALIVE does not contain alcohol. The process used to make the raw apple cider vinegar in ALIVE may form naturally occurring amounts of alcohol that are considered negligible.
Is ALIVE gluten-free?
ALIVE is a vegan product that is gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, egg-free, and free of GMOs. It is not made with any wheat, barley, rye, whey, or derivatives.
Why is ALIVE not certified Organic?
We always prefer to source organic ingredients. However, we’re proud to say that we choose to use wild mushrooms in this offering due to their premium nutrient quality. Though they can’t be certified as organic, these mushrooms grow deep in the forest, so they likely don’t ever come into contact with chemicals.
Where can I buy ALIVE?
ALIVE is available in select markets throughout the US. Visit our Store Locator to find a retailer near you.
How should ALIVE be stored?
ALIVE should always be kept in the refrigerator (33-37°F) and stored upright – never on its side.
How long does ALIVE stay fresh after it’s been opened?
We suggest consuming your bottle of ALIVE within three to five days after opening for the best quality and freshness.
Can I consume ALIVE after the “enjoy by date”?
For best quality and experience, we suggest consuming on or before the date printed on top of the cap.
Where are the ingredients in ALIVE sourced from?
All of the adaptogenic mushrooms used in ALIVE are sourced from the wild in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Our premium loose leaf teas are sourced from their native regions around the world:
– Guayusa from the Amazon Rainforest
– Yerba Maté from the South America
– Pu-erh from Yunnan, China
– Cascara from Costa Rica
– Ceremonial Grade Matcha from Japan
– Black Tea from India
ALIVE also contains a touch of dark amber maple sourced from the United States and Canada.
Where is ALIVE made?
We’re proud to say that ALIVE is crafted in sunny Los Angeles, CA – the hometown of our founder, GT Dave.
*PLEASE NOTE:We are not doctors. We are not scientists. We are simply conscious consumers, like you, who care about the things we put into our body because we believe that food can be a form of medicine. We understand every person is different, and that each body may react differently to the things they consume. Please know the information we share is intended to speak to the average experience with our offerings.